Online Shopping Ecommerce Setup
Ecommerce and Mcommerce Sunshine Coast
Mcommerce is the term for mobile commerce as more and more people buy your products and / or services from their mobile phone, iPad or tablet.
E-commerce and Mcommerce fact sheet
Claims to have you up and running in an hour are simply untrue. Remember perfect planning for perfect performance.
Online Shop Basics
Ecommerce general information
12website Sunshine Coast helps you make money through ecommerce or online shopping. Designing online shops since 2003.
web shop definition.
A web shop or ecommerce is a website that displays and sells your products. Just like shops at the mall, web shops can sell just a few products or thousands of products. Keep the web design professional.
Your web shop can advertise its products, have sales, and accept various forms of payment - credit card, cheques, money orders, cash on delivery. You choose the ways you want to accept payments. Web shops can reach customers all over the world. Why have a website?^ Back to Top ^
ecommerce web shop.
When a leading supermarket recently went online it found most of its customers shopping after 10pm. Check your website for success.
A web shop has one or more pages that display and describe products, and a shopping cart where customers can buy those products by giving their name and address and, typically, providing credit card information.
Your shopfront or website homepage needs careful attention.
If you already have a shop, your web shop can extend your market. Or ask for our web site redesign service. Many ecommerce shops have no physical store. They simply ship their goods directly from the manufacturer. Operate your business from home. It is important that the web design of your web shop can answer all your customers questions. Some websites don't get sales - we can tell you why. ^ Back to Top ^
- add or delete products
- change prices
- display specials
- collect orders.
- Your business domain name.
- Ecommerce website.
- Ecommerce web hosting.
- Ecommerce training. ^ Back to Top ^
Web shops that unique items OR offer unique services succeed. Find a niche market and service it well. Your products usually are available elsewhere. Why should people buy from you? For more information on successful marketing read this. ^ Back to Top ^
Look at your competitions products and/ or web shops. What is your competition selling and for how much? Why should customers buy from you? How will your shop attract and keep their customers? ^ Back to Top ^
Your customers need to be able to find what they need easily. Categorise your products. 12website provides a simple search and an advanced search to assist your customers. Do not overload your website homepage.
^ Back to Top ^
Customers buy with their eyes.
Do you have a picture of your products? Do you have a business's logo?
12website - web and graphic design can assist you have an appealing web shop. ^ Back to Top ^
- Product model or number. Something which is unique to each product.
- Product picture. A good idea but not absolutely necessary.
- Product name. Short and descriptive.
- Product description. Selling points.
- Product price.
- Manufacturer. For books - author.
- Product category.
- Product subcategory.
- Product weight. Only if shipping is calculated on weight. ^ Back to Top ^
- fixed price
- or free
If you are going to sell in other states or overseas we can set up a shipping method to suit your customers. ^ Back to Top ^
- Credit card transactions require
you to have a Merchant Account.
Credit cards may be processed offline or through an EFTPOS or POS facility.
Credit cards may also be processed in 'real time' through a Merchant Gateway.
- Cheque/ Money order. The goods are shipped when that is cleared at your bank.
- Cash on Delivery.
Below is a free domain search - to get you started. ^ Back to Top ^
More Frequently Asked Questions or please get in touch.
- Ecommerce fact sheet
- Who needs a web site?
- What is necessary to have a web site?
- What is a domain name [web site address - URL]?
- What is a web site host?
- How much does it cost to setup a web site?
- Can I have e-mail addresses /auto responders?
- Do you need a web site manager?
- How many pages will I need?
- Who actually owns my web site?
- Will my web site be listed in the search engines?
- How can people find my web site?
- How long does it take to build a web site?